Circle Around Families - Individualized Case Coordination for Children with Emotional and Behavioral Needs
WHO WE ARE
Circle Around Families is a referral based Cross System of Care home-based service. The program designs and implements individualized case coordination strategies for children with emotional and behavioral problems and their families.
Admission into the program is based on referrals from the Lake County, Indiana Juvenile Justice Court System and the Indiana Department of Child Services.
INCORPORATING CIRCLE AROUND FAMILES INTO YOUR CHILD’S CASE PLAN
A child may be referred by a juvenile probation officer if determined that the child presents higher levels of emotional and behavioral issues and if the child is a high risk for placement or DOC (department of corrections). If the child is referred by the Department of Child Services, the same can be true but in this instance a more intensive approach is needed to help and support the child. If you are a parent with either scenario, you may inquire with Juvenile Justice or a Family Case Worker from DCS, if your child can be enrolled in the program.
WHAT WE DO
The Circle Around Families Wraparound process will…
- Determine the Family strengths and needs.
- Assist the family in developing and implementing an individualized case plan.
- Obtain necessary services identified by the care plan.
- Monitor access to and provision of services, and continually measure their quality.
- Coordinate links to other family support providers.
- Support the family during transition to other services.
DOES MY CHILD NEED SERVICES
- Currently being assisted by two or more different child and family service systems.
- Experiencing serious difficulties in at least two of the following three functional areas: Home, School and Community.
- Now in or at risk of placement outside the home.
WHO WE WORK WITH
We collaborate with a variety of organizations that are involved with the child because they are part of the team, we cross any system the child is involved in. Organizations we work with include, but are not limited to:
- Lake County, Indiana Juvenile Justice Court System (LCJC System)
- Department of Child Services (DCS)
- Education Centers
- Local Churches
- Mental Health Care Providers
For more information contact
Maritza De La Cruz, Manager, Circle Around Families
Serving Northwest Indiana, Geminus supports programs and facilities in Lake and Porter Counties, including Cedar Lake, East Chicago, Gary, Hammond, Highland, Hobart, Lake Station, Merrillville and Valparaiso.
Our community health center network welcomes Indiana residents of all ages and income levels with fully integrated, streamlined services.