Connect with Head Start:  
 
1-888-893-6891
headstart@geminus.org
 

IN-KIND

 

Volunteer participation is a vital part of our day-to-day success of the program.  There are many ways you can share your time and talents with us and the benefits are priceless. Children benefit from the presence of parents and other volunteers who participate in the classroom and with other activities.  We count on our parents, family members, and community members to record the various ways in which they have “volunteered”, provided IN-KIND (donated time, space, or materials) for the program. IN-KIND FORMS will always be available to document volunteer hours.  Ask your assigned staff for more information.

Geminus Head Start & Early Head Start funds come directly from the federal government.  However, the government only provides 80% of the funds necessary to operate our program.  A remaining 20% must be generated from in-kind.  In-Kind is the donation of time, space or materials used in the program that would otherwise be purchased.  A dollar amount is assigned to all volunteer hours whether in the classroom, at the site or at home.  

Head Start Performance Standard 1301.20 “Federal assistance under the Act for a Head Start program shall not exceed 80 percent of the total costs of a program and the non-Federal share will not be required to exceed 20 percent of the total costs of the program.”

In-kind is provided through the category of activities listed here.

 

 
design and development by VIA Marketing

iNCLEMENT WEATHER CLOSINGS

Newsletter Sign-Up Form

First Name: *
Last Name: *
Phone Number: *
Email Address: *
Street Address:
City: State:
Zip Code: *
Type the Number: * 25
* Required fields.

Contact Form

First Name: *
Last Name: *
Phone Number: *
Email Address: *
Street Address:
City: State:
Zip Code: *
Message: *
Type the Number: * 95
Sign me up for Newsletter.
* Required fields.