GuiltyWed, Jun 25th 2003
I've never seen a psychiatrist before, and never had too. I made some terrible decisions in my life that I now realize cost me the person I love. She is very forgiving but says she cannot put her trust in me for a long time, and maybe never again. I have never felt worse inside, and I feel so alone. I feel like I need her to trust me or I will never again be able to function. I feel so bad about what I did, but so confident that I will never make those decisions again. I can't sleep at night because I always think about what I did, and get angry at myself for making those decisions. Is there anything that will help me get through this guilt, other than her complete trust and forgiveness?
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Dombeck responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Dombeck intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Dombeck to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Dombeck, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Dombeck and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.