What Is Wrong with Me?Tue, Dec 8th 2009
I started a business two years ago, I make great money at what i do but I can never get ahead. I find myself putting off jobs, lying to my husband about going out to work when I haven't and I have actually been losing customers because of my unreliability. I should be working right now but I am so tired I just don't want to because the thought is simply dreadful to me. On top of all this, we must move. My Husband is on my butt every minute that he's at home. I mean, this feeling of not wanting to do anything has even started to affect me and my children. They have school plays and functions this month and all I can think about is how to get out of having to go. I know that is terrible but I can't help it. It's just the way i feel.
Do you have any ideas of what in the world is going on with me? Why do I have this feeling of dread about having to to do anything that involves work?
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.