REAL Fathers Initiative
L oving Fathers
REAL FATHERS INITIATIVE
To increase involvement by fathers and their families in the lives of their children; by providing prevention and treament programs for non-custodial fathers in the child welfare and juvenile justice system.
Fatherhood Initiative Goals
- Engage fathers
- Engage paternal family members to become involved in the lives of their children
- Address paternity issues, DNA testing and cost for DNA testing
- Get involved with assistance in the child support division
- Wraparound services to strengthen support for fathers
- Co-parenting for both the mother and father
- Batterer's groups - men who batter women, teach skills to discuss better ways to communicate
- Teen fathers parenting group - parenting education
- Dads Support Group - a group for incarcerated Dads at Westville Penitentiary.